‘Winter Wonderland’

I saw someone use this cut file in the Hey Little Magpie Facebook group and knew I had to use it asap! We were supposed to go to the Cairngorms when the ‘Beast from the East’ storm hit and we couldn’t get there. Instead we made it to Snowdonia and played in the snow on Snowdon whilst I also learnt how to use crampons and an ice axe. It was great fun.

1020859


I cut the file in white textured cardstock with my Cricut Explore Air 2 and placed it on this gorgeous cardstock from American Crafts ‘Creekside’ collection, designed by One Canoe Two. It’s pale blue with a subtle silver shimmer patter which you can’t fully appreciate in my photos. I cut the title from this free cut file from Paper Issues – this is a great place to get free cut files – from Centura Pearl Snow White cardstock. 1020861


Then I went nuts with the Nuvo Crystal Drops;  I love Nuvo Drops, just love them. I added them to all the berries and I put a small dot on the little snowflakes I punched. I used (from left to right) Nuvo Jewel Drops in Sea Breeze and Nuvo Crystal Drops in Duck Egg Blue, Navy Blue and Neptune. 


1020864

 

The magic of Nuvo Drops is that they settle and dry into perfectly domed dots. Just make sure you test the flow on scrap paper before putting it onto your layout, this avoids ‘splurges’. I now spend much less money on enamel dots…

1020862


I added some phrase stickers from Creekside and some white rub-ons from my stash. I’ll leave the layout for at least 24hrs to make sure the Nuvo Drops are completely dry before putting into a page protector.

1020863




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Snow’

‘Be True’ Layout