Love, Love, Love (Lego)

For Valentine’s Day I ordered Lego Minifigures from MiniFigs.me which looked like my boyfriend and I (he loves Lego). It was a huge hit with him and our friends.
P1020848

Having seen this cut file by Just Nick on the GoGoGetaway blog I was inspired to do a simple Lego themed Valentine’s layout. I found some blue Bazill cardstock which had raised dots for my background.  I just cut the cut file from textured white cardstock.
P1020836

Then I had to work out how to make the Lego bricks. I cut small rectangles out of card scraps with a small die (you can just cut card, I’m fussy) and punched small circles with a single hole punch. I started by putting tiny foam squares under the dots…
P1020838

…but it looked naff. It was hard to line up the dots. So I went to my original idea (my original idea but I tried the easier idea first just in case), stacking the punched dots. Five hole punched dots made one ‘knob’ on the brick. It was fiddly and tedious but it does look good. I used my trusty Zig 2 Way Glue.
P1020840
P1020843

I only had the patience to make two of three colours, I hoped it would be enough! I stuck the cut file down. Matted my photo on matching green cardstock and arranged my Lego Bricks. Then I thought that maybe I should have backed some of the hearts with coloured card but it was too late…
P1020844

Nuvo Crystal Drops to the rescue! I filled in the hearts and ‘e’ s with these. The addition of the date in white pen and it was complete! A simple layout if you don’t count all the fiddly Lego bricks.
P1020846
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Snow’

‘Winter Wonderland’

‘Be True’ Layout