‘Be True’ Layout

This is my first blog post so I should probably introduce myself! I am a crafter; I scrapbook, I knit, make cards….amongst other things…so content may vary. My current day job is as a Special Needs Teacher and most of my crafting happens at night….in my pyjamas…hence ‘Pyjamacrafts’…

So here is my first featured layout, inspired by this layout by Kirei Baldwin over on the GoGoGetaway blog.
P1020813

I started with the ‘Half-Flower’ cut file by Paige Evans from the Silhouette Design Store. I use a Cricut Explore Air 2 – make sure you select the ‘include SVG’ when you checkout if you are also using a Cricut and cutting is a breeze. I cut the shape from Bazill White Textured cardstock and applied Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Indian Gold.
P1020799

The mousse dries quickly so I was able to start tracing inside the spaces quickly. Really I should have trace and cut my pieces before I embellished the cut shape! Make sure you use a pencil, and trace through the reverse side of the cut file and onto the reverse of the patterned paper you want to cut.
P1020800

I use Zig 2-Way Glue for most of my gluing; I have both the felt-tip and ‘Squeeze & Roll’ versions – they are cheaply and easily obtained on Amazon and they last for ages. I am trying to use up collections (to make room for more!) so I used papers and embellishments almost exclusively from the Moonstruck by Pink Paislee collection. I love this collection! I’ll be sad when I’ve exhausted my stash.
P1020802

I used some strips of double-sided adhesive to secure the bulk to some Teal textured cardstock. I ran a dot adhesive tape runner around the edges to secure them to the cardstock – I use the Scrapbook Adhesives E-Z Dots tape runner, which replaces my beloved Tombow Stamp Tape Runner. which has now been discontinued.
P1020803

Unusually, I picked the photo after starting the layout. It’s a photo I discovered on my boyfriends camera; I hate having my photo taken and I think this is one where I was dodging the camera while taking photos of Caernarfon castle last summer. I left some white border on the photo and matted it on pink cardstock. I then fussy cut some flowers from the remaining cardstock used for the outer flower petals. I hate fussy cutting but it was necessary, I needed those flowers.
P1020804

I arranged some of the fussy cut flowers before raiding the Moonstruck embellishments. A couple of strips from the Wash Tape pack and scripty writing from the Rub-On pack. I slipped in a torn piece of the printed vellum (also from the Moonstruck collection.
P1020807

I struggled with the title but found ‘be true’ in an American Crafts Thickers pack called ‘Beautiful’ (from the Maggie Holmes collection ‘Shine’). I really should be kinder to myself and scrap more photos of myself, even when I’m not ‘picture perfect’.

P1020808

Comments

  1. fabulous blog post - looking forward to more. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘Snow’

‘Winter Wonderland’