‘Goodbye 2017’

P1020822Another photo where I’m not sure I knew it was being taken! The layout started with the stitched background however. Having seen so many of Paige Taylor Evans’  beautiful stitched layouts I endeavoured to see if I could cut stitched backgrounds using my Cricut Explore Air 2. It made all the marks needed for this background accurately but you need to punch the holes through to be able to thread through them. Tedious but not difficult.

P1020798


I made up the colour pattern as I went along, using gold metallic (ugh, horrible to sew with!), pink and light pink embroidery threads – three strands at a time.

P1020818


I added pink enamel stars (from a collection of different coloured stars by Papermania) to each stitched stars. before matting the photo on card. I added two strips of card, one glitter behind the photo before adding my title. Trusty Thickers  from the Pink Paislee Moonstruck  collection I’ve been working through. All done!

P1020820

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Snow’

‘Winter Wonderland’

‘Be True’ Layout